Monopoly Commercial

Monopoly Commercial

                For this time around, I was in the group that created the Monopoly commercial. Our idea evolved from a discussion about some products considered more juvenile and eventually the board game "Monopoly" took center stage and was the final decision. the idea was very ambitious at it genesis, and we were very excited about the possibilities that such an idea could accomplish. The concept entailed showing parallels between actions on the game board and their representations in a literal setting.   However, due to a limited casting pool, and the inevitable concerns presented by the pandemic, we ended up going with a much simpler idea.

                Unfortunately, I was unable to be on set for any of our shoot days, and failed to be tasked with any editing. Some conflicts came from pre-existing conditions, and some from my own sloth and lack of planning. I can't testify to anything that had to surround filming as I was not present, but from the end result, I could see a clear resourcefulness that emerged from the initial concern over an over-complex idea. I was involved in the pre-production stage, and I contributed the slogan for the product, and helped think through a large amount of the schedules we were going to be using.

                   All things considered, this really was not something I could be proud of, not because it wasn't quality, but because I had almost no stake in it. If I were to do anything differently, I would have invested myself into the project a lot more, and created a compelling reason for me to participate. 



Comments