Short Film Blog Post


Franklin's Cake

                      The short film "Franklin's Cake" is by far my best work. As one of the cinematographers and the UPM i gained immense experience, letting me grow and expand my knowledge blazing my own trail. This experience is one that taught me a well directed and collaboratively cooperative team can do amazing things. Because in this project I was only working with one senior, there was a lot of skills I had to figure out on my own and I think that elevated my experience. The project firstly helped me kindle a love for the camera. Before this project the camera was sort of this foreign object, but assisting with cinematography helped me work through the doubts and concerns I had about camera operation. The second set enriching skills I gained was the skills for my role as UPM. As the member who organized one of our teams filming locations, and one of our actors, I gained people skills, and how to handle stress on my own. Overall, this project was my best work and I don't see any way I can get worse now because this project was so profoundly and well done.


Comments